So I was going to write about
something else entirely today. However, when I opened up blogger I saw
that my best friend Melissa Jane has started a new challenge for her
self. That is to blog every day in May. I also got a text from another
best friend Alex today; about her spending a few days with me before she
heads home for the summer. And then When my group of amazing friends
here and I didn't get our tickets for Willamette Country Musical
Festival yesterday, "DEEP SOBBING" done now, I thought about what else
we could do with those days. AND that lead me to think of the time I
spent at Fort Steven's with my best friend Grayson. So, lately I have
had a lot of thinking about my
dearest friends. Whether they be from elementary, middle school, high
school or college. I am very blessed to have the amazing friends I do
who have stuck by me through my worst/best times.
I
think what got me thinking about my friends lately is that I recently
had a dear friend who had reaction to some medication which caused him
to go into a coma where he endured 21 seizures in 3 days. When he woke
up from the coma he had complete memory loss. It was one of those things
where you always hear about it but you never think it'll happen to you
or someone you really care about. It really puts things in perspective
in life.
For
those of you who don't know I live at least 100 miles from my best
friends from high school. I do have some amazing friends here at Central
and that really does help. But there are those time, which I think
everyone has, when you truly just need your best friend you grew up
with. I have been having that time for about a few months now. It is
very difficult to be sooo far away from your best friends. Due to the
fact that each of us now work at least 20 hours a week, go to school
full time, and have a life where we live now, it's hard to find/make
time to talk about the things happening in our lives. I miss that time
with my best friends. I miss the sleepovers that lasted 4 days, the
nights of watching scary movies and making junk food and just being
ridiculously silly and spontaneous.
I
am very excited to spend a few days with Miss Alex and then Miss
Melissa and I are working on planning a vacation for this summer! We are
so excited. I think I have spent MAYBE 36 hours with Alex since
she left for school last August. I haven't seen, in person, Melissa in
almost 2 year (seriously depressing!). And I haven't seen Grayson and
many others in a very long long time. So I'm just saying that if your
nearest and dearsest friends are living either in the same town as you
or you get to see them often, DO NOT take that for granted. Because in a second everything could change.











































Oh my goodness I miss you! This made me miss high school so much. We had so much fun :)
ReplyDeleteAwe Bonney! I miss you! When you are in town we need to see each other!
ReplyDelete