Thursday, April 4, 2013

Parenting

So I am currently in a Parent Education and Guidance class for my Family Consumer Science degree. I have actually found it pretty interesting so far. We have many projects for this class and the one we're supposed to start working on right now is, our book report. So our professor brought books for us to look at. Of course by the time I got to the front of the line there weren't very many books left. So I decided not to take one and come up with something on my own.

So after church on Tuesday, I was on Amazon  and got to thinking. Why not do my book report on a Christian parenting book. Really though. I decided that raising my children through a Christ-centered way is something I want to do. So why not read a Christian based book. I stopped looking at cookbooks and then switched to Christian parenting books. Holy Camomile! I didn't realize how many Christian parenting books there were out there. I have found about 50 books that looked interesting. But now I have to narrow it down and then do my book report. If you have read any of these titles OR if you know of a really great Christian parenting book, PLEASE let me know! It doesn't have to be for a specific age range or anything. By the time I go, we'll have gone through infants up to young adults. 

List of books I have found:
  • Parenting by the Book: Biblical Wisdom for Raising Your Child 
  • Parenting with C.H.R.I.S.T
  • Parenting with Love and Logic (Updated and Expanded Edition) 
  • Grace-Based Parenting 
  • Raising Children who make Right Choices(Kindle)
  • Your Boy: Raising a Godly Son in an Ungodly World
  • Parenting Out of the Box
  • That's My Girl: How a Father's Love, Protects and Empowers His Daughter
  • Parenting with Love and Laughter: Finding God in Family Life
  • Jesus on Parenting
  • Faithfully Parenting Teens: A Proactive Approach 
  • The Single Parent's Guide to Raising Godly Children 
  • Good Discipline, Great Teens
  • Raising Kids With a Faith That Last (Essentials of Parenting) 
  • Gospel-Centered Parenting( Kindle/Nook, so I'd have to borrow one)
  • Parenting by the Spirit
  • Raising Respectful Children in a Disrespectful World
  • Parenting with Purpose: 12 Biblical Traits to Prepare Kids for Life 
  • Girls will be Girls: Raising Confident and Courageous Daughters 
  • Spirit-Lead Parenting: From Fear to Freedom in a Baby's First Year
  • Baby Laughs: The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth
  • Gospel-Powered Parenting: How the Gospel Shapes and Transforms Parenting
  •  The Family: A Christian Perspective on the Contemporary Home.
  • The 5 Love Languages of Teenagers New Edition: The Secret to Loving Teens Effectivel
  • Five Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughter
  • Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know
  • Parenting with Love: Making a Difference in a Day
  • Parenting the Way God Parents': Refusing to Make Your Parents Mistakes 
  • Habits of a Child's Heart: Raising Your Kids with the Spiritual Disciplines (Experiencing God)
  • Generation NeXt Parenting: A Savvy Parent's Guide to Getting it Right 
  • Homemade Christians: A Guide for Parent's of Young Children 
  • Dirty Dancing and Other Christian Challenges Teens Face: How Parents Can Help
  • Courageous Parenting 
  • The Teen Commandments: Not Your Typical Parenting
  • Busy Mom's Guide to Parenting Young Children
  • How to Really Parent Your Child: Anticipating What a Child Needs Instead of Reacting to What a Child Does 
  •  Parenting on Your Knees: Prayers and Practical Guidance for the Preschool Years(Kindle/Nook)
  • "Mom, I Hate My Life!" : Becoming Your Daughter's Ally Through the Emotional Ups and Downs of Adolescence  
Those in Bold are the ones I find interesting right now. Please help. I'm not a parent yet and need to do well for my class. =]  

3 comments:

  1. That's My Girl and Parenting with Purpose is what my parents read with my sister and I... so take that however you want to haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my parenting class we read Unconditional Parenting by Alfie Kohn. It isn't a Christian parenting book, but in the class we drew a TON of religious parallels from it. I loved that book!

    ReplyDelete